Friday, August 11, 2006

A dynamite lunch

Another Friday, another free lunch. Another free lunch with a twist. Today I had the pleasure of free lunch (club sandwitches in triangles and berry muffins) with a Nobel prize laureate. Sir Paul Nurse (Nobel prize in physiology and medicine 2001 with an uncanny likeness to Robin Williams) is touring New Zealand as the Rutherford lecturer and spent a couple of hours with about 20 students before he giving a lecture on the control of the cell cycle. It was great to see, clearly demonstrated how the concept developed and how, with passion, the pursuit for truth through experimentation is possible and worthwhile.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Tony, if you can, more NZ photos please... because um.. well it comforts me at night to know that NZ, my haven of serenity is still alive and kicking and still the most beautiful country on earth.

Tony said...

Benjo, for you bud, I would send you the world! Watch for updates here and at the photobucket as I get my shit sorted soon. Like tomorrow as now I need to fly to another NZ favourite of yours. Whipping grumpy locals at their quiz nights and drinking all their bar tab. Good times.