Tuesday, March 06, 2007

HOT!


In the words of my monosyllabic flatmate Fi (even her name has one syllable) Christchurch is HOT! Out the window of my office I can see the leaves on the oaks lose their turgor and I can feel the radiation off the Oxford terrace tarmac.

The only place its not hot is the air-conditioned lab where it is a blissful 22 degrees. But there my PCRs fail *sigh*, so back to the office to write and stew.

Today's free lunch was nice... very nice. With a new improved bacon and egg pie, pineapple was included for a summery difference. Coffee could be improved, lovely powdered instant as per usual but hey its free.

Presentation was about the development of a memory clinic at Princes Margret Hospital. They follow up everyone with a diagnosis of "mild cognitive impairment" (that lovely intermediate between Age Associate Cognitive Decline, which is normal, and Alzheimer's disease, which is nasty).
In other news, I now live in a barn with five other farm animals, Mark, Fi, Tris, Jane and for the moment the irascible Doug. I imagine its going to be a year of awesomness and excellence judging by how its been going.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.