Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What the kind of drugs you are addicted to says about who you are....

It could be a segment on Oprah, it really could. Today's talk, which followed a disapointingly undercatered free lunch, was a presentation on the impact on the structure of the "self" in the treatment of patients with addictions. Your self can be over or under-stimulated; fragmented or over-burdened. Alcohol seems to go well with all of these as the universal intoxicant but weed seems to go with fragmentation, stimulents with under-stimulation and benzos with over-burden. I learn all sorts of things everyday.

2 comments:

Ben said...

hmm alcohol... my old friend...

PS. sorry for being the picky arts student but your title.... tut tut tut... sort it out T

PPS. The countdown is on! Go Black Caps! My prediction; a Black Caps, Proteas final...

Tony said...

Don't you know I just use long words to confuse myself. Simple sentences are beneath me.

Prediction is a bit off, very hard to write off the aussies.